Prof. Bitange Ndemo is a technology enthusiast and an Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship at the University of Nairobi’s Business School. His research centers on inclusive innovations and how ICTs influence economic development. He sits in several Boards locally and internationally. He is the immediate former Permanent Secretary of Kenya’s Ministry of Information and Communication in Kenya, where he facilitated many transformative ICT projects. He holds a PhD in Industrial Economics from the University of Sheffield in the UK, an MBA and Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting from The University of St. Thomas and University of Minnesota respectively. I am also an advisor to iHub, the premier innovation hub in Sub-Sahara Africa, Senior Advisor to the UN on global digitization of payments – Better than Cash Alliance and immediate former Chairman of the Global Alliance for Affordable Internet (2013 – 2014). He is an Open Data/Big Data evangelist.
Distinguished Leadership Award for Internationals from University of Minnesota in 2009
He’s contributed content for the following publications:
- Disseminating the Power of Information:Kenya Open Data Initiative. Innovation for Successful Societies. Princeton University Press
- Effective Innovation Policies for Development: 131 The Case of Kenya The Global Innovation Index 2015, Effective Innovation Policies for Development
- Political Entrepreneurialism: Reflections of a Civil Servant on the Role of Political Institutions in Technology Innovation and Diffusion in Kenya. Stability International Journal of Security and Development
- Linkage Dynamics between MSEs and Multinational Corporations in Kenya. A longitudinal review of a 2005 conference paper DBA Africa Management Review
- Assessing sustainability of faith-based enterprises in Kenya.International Journal of Social Economics